Joyful Praises is a site that is devoted to real Christians with real lives. It is a place to share our trials,triumphs, prayers and praises. Come here to be uplifted, encouraged, and challenged in your walk with Christ.

29 again (and again and again)

About a month ago I promised you that I'd produce a list of things I plan to do before my next birthday. I decided to tackle the thing as soon as I had this birthday, giving myself exactly a year to finish. So happy birthday to me! I turned 29 again this past Sunday. It was a wonderful day and I was truly blessed. (I think birthdays should always fall on Sunday. Because you're in church, you're surrounded by people who love you and want to give you attention. It's really great.)When I woke up, my daughter gave me a bag of Lindor truffles. This created a small problem when I remembered that number 3 on the list was "go a whole year without eating chocolate". While I was hesitant to even put this on the list, I went ahead and did anyway when I read that caffeine is bad for my health and should be avoided. It's easier to stick to a crummy thing like that when I know the potential for relief from pain is an incentive. However, I finally digressed and just took that item off the list.

So without further ado, here is the final, revised list of things I plan to do before my next 29th birthday. You are welcome to encourage, help, or bribe me in any way that you feel led. If you have any questions about the list, please post them here. I'll answer back, I promise!

Things to Do Before My Next Birthday
1. Get an article published on actual paper
2. Learn how to play an instrument
3. Paint my bedroom green
4. Sing a duet with Amy Cox
5. Lose 10 pounds
6. Memorize an entire chapter of scripture
7. Have lunch with Dad
8. Learn how to belly dance
9. Cook a full course gourmet meal
10. Visit the Jelly Belly factory
11. Read a month’s worth of classic novels
12. Tell a family member about Jesus
13. Try a foreign food I’d otherwise avoid
14. One week of joy- no whining, complaining, arguing, or negative words or deeds
15. Dare to wear yellow
16. Interview Grandpa Norman
17. Sing “Breathe on Me”
18. Participate in a Cancer walk
19. Have Pastor and Lori for dinner
20. Enjoy a crab dinner at the Crab House on Pier 39

6 comments:

I do #20 every year! Would do it more often than that if I could afford it! LOL

Babe,

I can help with a few of these, like #20, I will for sure do this with you before the end of this summer! The Jelly Belly factory is not far from my West Sacramento office, so I can find out what time they have tours. However, bedroom GREEN!?!

Kirk.

I so gotta make me a list like this... soon! Like before I turn 29 again! AWESOME!

Happy late Birthday!

I had to giggle when I read your original number 3 on your list. I know I couldn't make that one! :)

Hope you've started off your new B'day year crossing off some fun things on your list.

Many blessings,
Lisa

29 is a good year to stay at....

I like your list. Maybe I'll start a list, too. I am going to start a writing critique class on a Saturday in two weeks. Maybe I'll write something, too.

Happy Birthday,
Tammy

Happy late birthday!!!! Awesome list!

Love you,
Cheri