Joyful Praises is a site that is devoted to real Christians with real lives. It is a place to share our trials,triumphs, prayers and praises. Come here to be uplifted, encouraged, and challenged in your walk with Christ.

New Year, New Direction

Dear 2011,
First off, I want to say thank you so much for your arrival. Your predecessor was beginning to wear out his welcome. It is truly wonderful to see you. As you may have guessed, 2010 was a bit challenging for me. Because I have trouble multi-tasking, things don't come as easy for me as I wish they would. While I welcomed the opportunity to write for Everyday Christian, I abandoned my other writing jobs because frankly, I'm not good at juggling. As it turns out, all I really need is the gentle nudging from a few encouaging, uplifting friends to remind me why I'm really here. I'm supposed to keep writing.

I am looking forward to all that you have to bring in the coming months-another birthday, more opportunities for spiritual growth, a strengthened prayer life, and hopefully, new friends and new adventures in parenting. This year I hope to grow as a writer, a wife and mother, and most especially as a Christian. I hope to read through my entire Bible, write more articles and maybe even get paid for one or two. Ihope I learn how to get my child to eat an entire meal in under 60 minutes. I suppose that's reaching high but one can never underestimate the power of chocolate now, can one? Oh, and I can't forget--I hope I raise a ton of money at my Relay For Life marathon in April. I can't wait!

To all my friends who have supported me and watched me grow--thank you! I'm looking forward to sharing my journey with you!

I love you a big much!