Joyful Praises is a site that is devoted to real Christians with real lives. It is a place to share our trials,triumphs, prayers and praises. Come here to be uplifted, encouraged, and challenged in your walk with Christ.

Fighting the Funk

I have a confession to make. For the last couple of days I've been very lethargic. Exhausted. Sleepyheaded dragging lagging rag doll. Don't you hate it when there are plenty of things you should be doing but you really don't have the strength or the desire to do any of them? It's horrible! I kinda feel like a hypocrite. While I'm telling everyone I know to "live while you're alive" and "seize the moment" I'm laying in a funk so thick my deoderant is wearing off. Gross! I have doubted my abilities as a wife, mother, and writer. What good could possibly come from anything I've been doing lately and does anyone notice? The answer is, a whole lot and yes, very much.

I love how God works. In two completely separate, unqiue ways this week I was validated, encouraged, and challenged to keep doing what I'm doing. In the first instance, I got to share my testimony with a total stranger through my own writing. In the second, I was contacted to be a contributor to another Christian website. Score! No, my efforts are not in vain. Yes, I am valued and needed in God's kingdom. Yes, people do notice. I am endlessly in awe of how God speaks to me. Every single time I start to doubt myself or my abilities, God comes through reminding me that I am valued, treasured, and needed in His kingdom. I stand amazed.

Aside from all this, today is the first day of fall! Hockey season is literally right around the corner. The leaves are getting ready to change into their more colorful wardrobe and the weather (God willing) will begin to cool down. I get to take out my sweaters, slippers, and hot tea without a shred of guilt. Oh bliss! The best part- I get to do it all while I sit at my keyboard.

Today I am reminded that while funk is temporary and waking up is hard to do, a bit of encouragement goes a long way. I am needed and wanted in God's kingdom. That is enough to get excited about in a big way. How about you? Are you stuck in a funk? Feeling unimportant or unworthy? Be encouraged! God thinks you're awesome and he gave you the job you do best to prove it. So wake up and get to work!

Happy Fall!

1 comments:

It's truly AMAZING what encouragement can do. SO glad it's helpin' ya. (And I think you're awesome too, by the way :D)