Joyful Praises is a site that is devoted to real Christians with real lives. It is a place to share our trials,triumphs, prayers and praises. Come here to be uplifted, encouraged, and challenged in your walk with Christ.

Alive

The most beautiful thing about spring is its newness. Everywhere I look the world has come alive again. Frozen landscapes are giving way to lush green grass. Trees are blossoming as bright, glorious color emerges. Rivers and streams are thawing, revealing the chatter of living water coursing through the valleys. After a long, icy winter the warmth of spring is inviting and welcoming.

I have spent much of my winter in one long, endless battle. The enemy has matched me blow for blow and until recently, I had no comprehension of how utterly exhausted I have been. My arms are weak from holding my sword and shield. My legs are buckling from the weight of standing strong for so long. My heart is heavy as each strike from the enemy courses through my skin, reminding me that I am still human in every sense. It’s been a long winter and finally, the Son has broken through the clouds and blinded the eyes of my hateful foe. Finally, I can rest. As I sit down and adjust my armor, I see his shapeless form retreat back into the darkness. I am safe for now.

Spring is beautiful because it reminds me that new birth is found with the changing of the seasons. From winter I came, frozen, depraved, and sin-stained. Into spring I arise, cleansed, whole, and free from condemnation and washed by the blood of the Lamb. I am a new creation, born again and saved. My sins are nailed to a dead tree and I am redeemed and made alive by a living God.

I remove the heavy garments that cloaked me in sorrow, guilt, and shame. I twirl around and around in the Son as his living water splashes onto my feet, my hands, my head. Spring is glorious, invigorating, and liberating. It is saying good riddance to old dead things and embracing life renewed and inspired. I dance around, happy to rest my shield for a time and feel the love of God’s army holding my hands. I am alive.

3 comments:

Sherry,this was exactly what was in my mind today - Spring Season as time for renewal, and rejuvenation. What a timely article! God is good, and always giving us a chance to start anew.

INCREDIBLE! And what an incredibly loving God we serve! Yes Ma'am, it's been a tough, tough winter of battle. I celebrate spring with you!! (((Sherry)))

Babe, awesome article. I am truly blessed to have you as my partner in this journey to our Father. It is going to be a blessed spring