Joyful Praises is a site that is devoted to real Christians with real lives. It is a place to share our trials,triumphs, prayers and praises. Come here to be uplifted, encouraged, and challenged in your walk with Christ.

Time to Roll Up the Sleeves...

Joshua 3:5
"Sanctify yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you."

In my Bible notes, the word "divorce" is used to describe sanctification. Ouch. Divorce is painful, costly, and permanent. The separation hurts in every way. The body aches, the soul aches, and the brain even starts to go fuzzy. So this is what it feels like to spring clean my inner dwelling. No wonder I've been so gloomy lately. Sanctification hurts! I didn't realize how much I have allowed myself to tolerate. Somehow I have allowed my spirit to get utterly filthy and I'm finding that the cleaning process is grueling and excruciating. How could I have let things get this bad? I don't know when "tomorrow" will come but I sure want to be ready. There is so much work to do. There is so much grace to be found while I'm scrubbing.

Today I will...
Speak with love and kindness to my family as well as to strangers
Not complain about anything. Just for today.
Be thankful
Forget the past and focus on the present
Pray for the needs of others

1 comments:

divorce is like someone cutting you with a scissors...tearing at you...it really hurts. But not for always../Stay strong.