Joyful Praises is a site that is devoted to real Christians with real lives. It is a place to share our trials,triumphs, prayers and praises. Come here to be uplifted, encouraged, and challenged in your walk with Christ.

Stay Tuned

It was bound to happen sooner or later. I have had such an invigorating run of creativity flowing through my veins lately that I didn’t plan on this one. The dreaded brain fog is returning with a vengeance. The last several days have been challenging for me and it seems that with each addition on my to-do list, the confusion gets worse. I hate to sound repetitive but I’m going to share my mantra one more time. I don’t miss my ovaries but I sure do miss my brain. The good news is that I am planning on sharing my adventure at the Mexican grocery store with you on Thursday. Stay tuned! In the meantime, here’s a poem I wrote about 11 years ago. If it ministers to you, please let me know. I could use the encouragement today.

Let Me

Let me hold you in my arms, sweet child as you begin your day
Give to me your worries as you step out in your faith
I will watch you closely and protect you from all harm
You may not feel it all the time, but I’m guiding you with my arm
Let me hold you in my arms, sweet child when you start to slip and fall
Let me dry the tears that fall from your eyes, let my big hands dust you off
You may not always understand the trials you go through
But rest assured, I’m right here waiting for the chance to cry with you
I know you feel like giving up, I’ve often felt that way
But please believe me when I tell you joy will follow pain
Le me hold you in my arms, sweet child, let me walk with you today
Let my peace fill up your troubled soul, let my love light your way
I’m right here waiting if you need a friend, you can always count on me
I love you so much that I gave my life so that someday we will be
Together forever all of our lives in the palace of eternity

4 comments:

So true! You have an amazing talent!!

The poem is beautiful....and so true in my experience with the Lord. I don't always understand the pain, but I always know He is there. You have an amazing talent.
Blessings,
Tammy

I wanted you to know that as I read your poem, the words touched my heart in a very deep place. It made me cry in a good way, remembering how God has always been there with me, holding me, helping me. I needed the reminder today. Thank you. I pray that God will use your poetry to encourage many.

Blessings,
Tammy

Thank you for your sweet, encouraging comments. I sure feel the love and it feels good!