Joyful Praises is a site that is devoted to real Christians with real lives. It is a place to share our trials,triumphs, prayers and praises. Come here to be uplifted, encouraged, and challenged in your walk with Christ.

Order Out of Chaos

Since coming home from Disneyland I’ve been a bit lethargic lately. Bronchitis has had a stranglehold on me and our home mortgage situation is less than optimistic. My mother in-law is back in the hospital with more heart trouble. To say that we are living in a time of uncertainty is an understatement. We are very much waiting on God and trusting and believing in His promises. He is the only One who can make perfect sense out of the chaos.

When I got up this morning I headed straight to my Bible in the hopes that I might hear from the One who gives me hope and strength. My devotional didn’t seem to be speaking to me so I turned to the first chapter in Genesis. There in the notes, was the message God wanted me to hear. “God makes order out of chaos.” My mind went back to all the times in history when this was true. In Exodus, He parted the Red Sea so that Israel could escape Pharaoh’s army unharmed. After finding their way to the Promised Land, God provided Israel with written commandments and rules to follow, thus making order out of their chaos. He sent Jesus into the world to bring order into the lives of every living person corroded with chaos. Thousands upon thousands of stories confirm this truth. God is a God of order.

A little later I came across a story of a woman who witnessed a miracle. She was on a mission to raise funds for her best friend who was fighting breast cancer. At 4am on the day she was set to standup-paddle for 40 miles, she prayed and asked God to reveal himself and His creation. Once again, God heard and answered prayer. Read this amazing story here.

I might not understand everything that is happening around me but I serve a God who still performs miracles and still hears and answers prayer. He brings order out of chaos, restores hope, and reveals himself in mighty, fantastic ways. I have nothing to fear or worry. My God is alive and still making himself known amidst the chaos.

0 comments: