Joyful Praises is a site that is devoted to real Christians with real lives. It is a place to share our trials,triumphs, prayers and praises. Come here to be uplifted, encouraged, and challenged in your walk with Christ.

S.O.S.

This morning she asked me if we are dolls in his show. As in, "Is God like a puppet guy and we are his dolls? He pulls us in a direction and we just go?" Yikes. She's seven years old and already showing signs that we have an uphill battle ahead of us. I freely admit that I am shaking in my fake cowboy boots. One child has already made the choice to serve self rather than God. He walked away without a backward glance. What if the other one follows after him?

It's hard not to be afraid but what else is there? She's already admitted that she doesn't like going to church, doesn't pray unless her dad does it with her at bedtime, and that the only reason why she thinks she's a Christian is because she doesn't want to get in trouble. We've gone in circles about what Jesus has done and why he died on the cross. She knows the meaning of Easter and Christmas and why we take communion on special Sundays. The one area I falter in is scripture memorization. I stink at memorizing them myself and I'm even worse at trying to teach them to my kids. Will God hold this against me?

I can't help but feel like there is an urgency to continue praying as fervently as I know how. Not only for all my kids, but for everyone who has wandered away or is sitting on the fence. It's not too late for them. God can change a heart in an instant. It would be so wonderful if that instant would come soon so that I can have peace knowing that they will be ok. I feel like King David today.

"Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation. Give heed to the voice of my cry, my King and my God,
For to you I will pray, my voice you shall hear in the morning O Lord; in the morning I will direct it to you, and I will look up."

Psalm 5:1-3

0 comments: